Any of the personal data that you submit through this website when you complete the contact form or an online booking form will only be used for the purposes of replying to your enquiry and/or dealing with any online bookings that you make. Data that is stored on this website will be periodically deleted and is not kept in the website database for more than 1 year. If you have any queries about how we use your data please contact Adam Smart on [email protected]
In more detail:
At Smartkidz Play and Learn we respect the privacy of the children attending the Club and the privacy of their parents or carers.
The personal information that we collect about you and your child is used only to provide appropriate care for them, maintain our service to you, and communicate with you effectively. Our legal basis for processing the personal information relating to you and your child is so that we can fulfil our contract with you.
Any information that you provide is kept secure. Data that is no longer required* is erased after your child has ceased attending our Club.
We will use the contact details you give us to contact you via phone, email, social media, notifications and post, so that we can send you information about your child, our Club and other relevant news, and also so that we can communicate with you regarding payment of fees.
We will only share personal information about you or your child with another organisation if we:
- have a safeguarding concern about your child
- are required to by government bodies or law enforcement agencies
- engage a supplier to process data on our behalf (eg to take online bookings, or to issue invoices).
- have obtained your prior permission.
You have the right to ask to see the data that we have about yourself or your child, and to ask for any errors to be corrected. We will respond to all such requests within one month. You can also ask for the data to be deleted, but note that:
- we will not be able to continue to care for your child if we do not have sufficient information about them
- even after your child has left our care, we have a statutory duty to retain some types of data for specific periods of time* so can’t delete everything immediately.
If you have a complaint about how we have kept your information secure, or how we have responded to a request to access, update or erase your data, you can refer us to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
* We do need to retain certain types of data (such as records of complaints, accidents, and attendance) for set periods of time after your child ceases to be in our care, but we delete as much personal data as we can as soon as possible.